Sunday, October 2, 2011

Gender makes a difference in ednas time

I was editing my essay, and found myself wondering why does gender make such a huge impact on the lives of Chopin's characters. I mean, obviously, it's not like men are stronger in will than women (hem, hem, edna).

I think that it might be that the men are making a living for their families, and they feel that the women are clueless when it comes to jobs and supporting themselves.

Also, maybe it could be because waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, men would go and hunt animals and the women would take care of the kids, making it seem like the men were dominant and more powerful.

Thoughts anyone?

1 comment:

  1. That makes a lot of sense. I think the human race likes to categorize things, so every culture wants to have some clear label on different genders and races. You know like labeling dresser drawers or desk drawers? I think we just like to have everything in it's place, and so people create these ideas that are clearly not true. I mean, in other cultures women do the "work" and men do the housecleaning. That proves that it's not like it's SUPPOSED to be that way.

    ReplyDelete